Are you too busy to enroll a gym? You find it too expensive? You want to start moving but don’t know how and where to start? Maybe you feel too shy to work out in public? It’s ok! I’ve been there too. My life is still in my way when it comes to enrolling a gym which is why I workout from home. If you need that extra push to exercise even if you are busy or can’t afford it, here is a list of my favorite online fitness programs for you to take for a spin.
Why online fitness programs?
No one loves a great group workout more than me. I already wrote about my Zumba group and how dancing helped me deal with my anxiety in my post on how creativity heals me. At one point my life circumstances changed, and it was just too overwhelming for me to go to gym classes. But I still needed a way to get rid of all that stress and negativity and find a way to keep up with my little boy.
As a single mom with only one income (and a small one at that) I can’t afford to hit the gym at the moment, nor can I afford a babysitter 2-3 times per week. So I found alternatives which are either cheaper than my gym membership or even free and most importantly I can still stay active and do what I can to be healthier. No excuses!
List of my favorite online fitness programs
- BeFIT program – This is an awesome youtube channel with a huge variety of exercises, from cardio to yoga. There is something for everyone. My personal favorite is hip hop dance routine. P.S. My blog name is only similar to it I have no affiliation.
- Yoga With Me – This site is one of my favorite for yoga routines. It has amazing quality, numerous classes from beginner to advanced, and variety of yoga practices (hatha yoga, ashtanga yoga, etc). And it is absolutely FREE!
- The Fitness Marshall – If you want to burn some calories and have incredible fun doing it, you need to try Fitness Marshall. He will make you sweat and laugh your pants off at the same time. He is really awesome!
- Beachbody on Demand – The only program here that is a paid one, but even I was able to afford it while it was opened internationally. Currently, it is only accessible to US and Canada citizens. They offer a free 30-day trial so you can check it out for yourself. Some of the programs I tried cost extra, but you can try out sample workouts. After 30 days they will charge you around 40$ for 3 months, or you can cancel on day 29. But try it out if you can. There are many programs available, from prenatal programs to advanced level training. Currently, they also offer a special 12-month all-access plan for 99.95 $ or one including Shakelogy for 160,00 $. I can’t really write anything about Shakeology though since I never tried it out myself, as it was never available in Europe.
I personally tried four different workout programs from Beachbody on Demand:
- 21-day fix program – amazing workout program by Autumn Calabrese. I got the program as a gift and fell in love. Apart from the nutrition, which I definitely recommend you try, the workouts are 30 minutes long but work every muscle in your body (every day is a different workout routine, starting from total body, upper and lower body workouts to pilates and yoga, and even plyometrics). You can also check out Autumn Calabrese on youtube and try some of her short workout videos.
- PiYO – this program is my favorite for building the core. Chalene Johnson did an incredible job with this one. If you want to improve your flexibility, posture, core strength and you love yoga and pilates, this is for you. I love it because I started completely modifying to being able to do most of it in advanced version, not to mention how much my strength and flexibility improved. Plus Chalene is a great motivator and my ‘go-to’ online guru. Her webinars and podcasts are just amazing for simplifying your life. I just love her.
- CIZE – hearts all over for this one. I already mentioned I love dancing. And Shaun T (the creator of famous Insanity program, which you can also find on Beachbody on Demand) made this program highly effective, fun and even if you have never danced you will be able after he is done with you.
- 3-week Yoga Retreat – there are many online yoga programs which I love, but this one is probably one of the best introductions to yoga ever. I’ve been doing yoga for some time, and it was through this one that I realized how much I needed to correct certain poses. Couldn’t recommend it more.
That is it! My favorite online fitness programs for you to try. Hope you check them out.
Disclaimer: I am not a Beachbody affiliate since as a non-US resident I can’t be, but I am Amazon Associates affiliate and the ads to the products below this post are affiliate links. I only put the links to products I recommend. If you decide to purchase any of these through these links I will receive a small commission.
Where do you workout? What kind of exercises do you prefer? Any good online fitness program you can recommend? Let me know so I can try it out!
Now get moving!